Friday, April 4, 2008

Erin True's Internship Report


by Erin True

During the three weeks that I spent as an intern I worked at two places.  For the first two weeks of the internship I was able to work at Mount Carmel Primary School with Mrs. Wade’s standard two class.  While I was there I spent time teaching, grading, and providing individual instruction for the students.  Form this I was able to learn how to prepare lesson plans and grow in my understanding about classroom management.  The second part of my internship was spent at Marla’s House of Hope.  This is a home for children who have been abused.  Many of the children have come out of the sex trade. Currently there are fourteen children who live at Marla’s.  While I was there I was able to help with cleaning, tutoring, and playing.  In the morning I helped clean the dishes and the floors.  Later I would help the older girls with their homework.  After that I would play with the younger children and try to keep them away from the television.  From this experience my heart for children was able to grow.  Many of my priorities were changed during this internship.  I learned that when I am gone it will not matter what kind of car I drive or what I where but if I can help a child the world may be a better place.  

No comments: